Healthy diet more than available food

When I was living in UK, I tried my best to share my knowledge of healthy eating.

I experience everyday potatos.. with butter or deep fried. During the periods of 4 years stay, I put on 35lb. Every morning I have choice of boil potatos. one week I have at least have 4 times of chips. So you can see that the experiences of:

"You Are What You Eat!!"

I can understand why the poor people tends to eat junk food because they are available everywhere & they are cheap.. the other thing is also the Chinese "Take-Away", in USA is Chinese Food "To-Go", these also search the junk Chinese food as well.

Therefore, the most importance thing in my opinions is the education & awareness programs for all.

So that people know what is Food for Great Health!!



Healthy diet more than available food

[Health News] STIRLING, Scotland, March 25 : Studies in Britain on the effect of making better food available in poor neighborhoods have been inconclusive, a medical journal says.

The article in the British Medical Journal by Leigh Sparks, professor of retail studies at the University of Stirling in Scotland, says that a Leeds survey found that residents eat more fruit and vegetables when they can buy them locally.But studies in Newcastle and Glasgow showed little effect.

Improving the diet of poor residents is part of the government's strategy in a campaign to reduce medical inequalities.But Sparks said that the research shows that simply making healthy food easier to get will not work.

"If new retail provision is to have an impact on diet and health, we need a multidimensional approach that also tackles food awareness, affordability, and acceptability in addition to retail change," Sparks said.

Healthy diet more than available food

Comments